[mythtv-users] Failed to Scan SG Video Hosts

Andrew Potter andrew at potter.id.au
Thu May 17 05:29:44 UTC 2012

Michael Dean wrote
>The best fix is:

>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration#Retiring_an_old_backend

>You can't use the mythconverg_restore.pl --change_hostname approach, now,
because you've already run MythTV applications with >the new host name, so
you'll end up with (a mess of) duplicate rows.  That will only work if you
do that /before/ running any >applications on the system with the new host
name--meaning before any applications have put in new data that uses the new
host >name.

>Mike

OK suspected as much.

Followed the procedure for retiring a backend where I do not have access to
the old backend.

Ie Deleted all capture cards, not just on host.

Readded and reset the input sources.

Delected all Storage directories and readded. But still getting the same
error.

I tried running the following query

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "SELECT * FROM storagegroup WHERE hostname
LIKE '%potter-myth%';"

and I can see that there are still storage groups defined for the old
hostname!!

Andrew