[mythtv-users] Failed to Scan SG Video Hosts

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 17 12:15:18 UTC 2012

On 05/17/2012 01:29 AM, Andrew Potter wrote:
> Delected all Storage directories and readded. But still getting the same
> error.
>
> I tried running the following query
>
> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "SELECT * FROM storagegroup WHERE hostname
> LIKE '%potter-myth%';"
>
> and I can see that there are still storage groups defined for the old
> hostname!!

The mythtv-setup "Delete 'whatever' Storage Group?" will only allow
deletion of overrides from remote hosts (or all hosts) if you're running
mythtv-setup on the master backend host.  At this point, it should say:

Delete 'whatever' Storage Group?
(from remote hosts)

or

Delete 'whatever' Storage Group?
(from all hosts)

If it doesn't have the 2nd line, the IP address defined for the current
host is different from that defined for the master server, and it will
only delete the Storage Group override for the current host.

Mike