[mythtv-users] Failed to Scan SG Video Hosts

Andrew Potter andrew at potter.id.au
Thu May 17 20:43:04 UTC 2012

Michael Dean Wrote

>The mythtv-setup "Delete 'whatever' Storage Group?" will only allow
deletion of overrides from remote hosts (or all hosts) if >you're running
mythtv-setup on the master backend host.  At this point, it should say:

>Delete 'whatever' Storage Group?
>(from remote hosts)
>
>or
>
>Delete 'whatever' Storage Group?
>(from all hosts)
>
>If it doesn't have the 2nd line, the IP address defined for the current
host is different from that defined for the master >server, and it will only
delete the Storage Group override for the current host.

>Mike

Ok, had another look and I did not actually delete the storage groups, I
deleted each of the directories one at time only. Determined this by trying
to see the exact message I get, when hitting 'd' to delete. It was very
different from what you suggested it should be. Moved back to the storage
group itself and the message does say "Delete 'whatever' Storage Group?
(from all hosts"

Will try later today when I have more time.

Thanks

Andrew