[mythtv-users] Failed to Scan SG Video Hosts

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 17 22:27:56 UTC 2012

On 05/17/2012 04:43 PM, Andrew Potter wrote:
> Michael Dean Wrote
>> The mythtv-setup "Delete 'whatever' Storage Group?" will only allow
>> deletion of overrides from remote hosts (or all hosts) if>you're running
>> mythtv-setup on the master backend host.  At this point, it should say:
>>
>> Delete 'whatever' Storage Group?
>> (from remote hosts)
>>
>> or
>>
>> Delete 'whatever' Storage Group?
>> (from all hosts)
>>
>> If it doesn't have the 2nd line, the IP address defined for the current
>> host is different from that defined for the master>server, and it will only
>> delete the Storage Group override for the current host.
> Ok, had another look and I did not actually delete the storage groups, I
> deleted each of the directories one at time only. Determined this by trying
> to see the exact message I get, when hitting 'd' to delete. It was very
> different from what you suggested it should be. Moved back to the storage
> group itself and the message does say "Delete 'whatever' Storage Group?
> (from all hosts"
>
> Will try later today when I have more time.

Yeah, that explains it.  We do allow deleting directories from Storage
Groups, as well as deleting Storage Groups (where a Storage Group is
simply a name for a list of directories), and you must delete the
Storage Groups to delete the directories specified for other hosts.

If you're feeling motivated, please feel free to clarify the procedure
on that page.  It's not the best description (I can say so since it's
from one of my list posts), but it's a good start for others to improve
upon.  :)

Mike