[mythtv-users] Anyone ever used HVR-1800 card?

Mike mythtv at dtmc.ca
Fri May 18 04:59:04 UTC 2012

On 18 May 2012 00:48, Kenneth Emerson <kenneth.emerson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa
> <ildefonso.camargo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Yes, I know this card is reported to NOT work with mythtv, but I was
>> just wondering if anybody has been able to make it work with tvtime at
>> least.  I got one recently, but I was unable to even get to watch
>> anything there....
>>
>> So, if anybody has a 1800 at least partially working (I just got a
>> black screen), please tell me:
>>
>> 1. What kernel version are you using?
>> 2. md5sum of the two firmware files.
>>
> I have been using the 1800 for several years so my memory is a bit hazy on
> how I originally set it up.  I only use it for ATSC..  Others have tried
> getting the NTSC to work and failed.  Also, I'm in the USA.  I kind of
> remember having to use the mercurial drivers to start with, but I believe
> support for this board is now in the kernel.  I am running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
> 32 bit.(2.6.32).  I do have two v4l-cx23885 firmware files in my
> /lib/firmware directory but am not sure if they are still used or not:
>
> a9f8f5d901a7fb42f552e1ee6384f3bb */lib/firmware/v4l-cx23885-avcore-01.fw
> a9f8f5d901a7fb42f552e1ee6384f3bb */lib/firmware/v4l-cx23885-enc.fw
>
> Hope this helps.
>

>> Thanks!
>>
> Your welcome

I am using that capture card.
http://yabbdt.blogspot.ca/2011/02/mythtv_08.html

I had real headaches with my original U10.04 installation.  I vaguely
recall trying to find drivers for the 1800 when I attempted to use
Mythbuntu.  I used Ubuntu Desktop and had no problems with MythTV
finding this card.

I too am in North America and use ATSC.

--
MythTV Config/Issues: http://yabbdt.blogspot.ca/2011/02/mythtv_08.html