[mythtv-users] mythwelcome binds to same udp port as mythfrontend

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 06:09:03 UTC 2012

> Any chance you have a proxy server configured?
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10633

Yessss!!! You are spot on!

I do have a proxy server configured and the http_proxy variable is set on the affected frontends.

I changed the command that starts mythfrontend to

unset http_proxy && /usr/bin/mythfrontend (...+options)

and the problem is gone.

# netstat -lp | grep 6546 | grep LISTEN

reports that port 6546 is listening on all interfaces

I had opened ticket #10057 for this problem (on another frontend....) but after re-installing the OS the problem went away.
I probably didn't set the http_proxy variable after reinstallation.

Thank you very much for your help.

Yianni.