[mythtv-users] --logfile vs. --logpath

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Fri May 18 17:39:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> OK, so I will set the cron to delete them every hour or so..
> And turn off the cron job if I need to debug anything.
> But I have never had a problem with preview generation.

Or, you could use logrotate, and change the prune time in there.  The
way you are doing things is not wise as you are deleting log files
that are actively being written to at the time of the cronjob.  Also,
*again*, it makes it impossible to debug if/when something goes wrong.

Seriously, there's no point to being OCD with log directories.  A 2k
file per preview isn't going to kill you.  You could just run
logrotate once a day and it would keep your log dir clean.