[mythtv-users] Request for sticky topic – low power consumption contest

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Fri May 18 18:43:48 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM, myLC at gmx.net <myLC at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello! :-)
>

> I read from a lot of people that they were looking for a
> "fully Myth-TV compatible" box with low power consumption.
> Full support meaning, time shift, ad removal, etc.
>
> Since this seems to be key topic I was wondering if you
> could set up a sticky topic - as a conquest – listing the
> boxes with the lowest power consumption first.
> The idle, off, normal playback (1080p) and full load power
> consumptions should be listed.
>
> I sincerely hope you like this idea! :-)
>

> Keep up the good work,
>                               LC (myLC at gmx.net)
>

> As an open source project MythTV relies on work by volunteers.   As
Raymond pointed out the users list is just an email distribution, but the
wiki has pages for 'sticky' type of information.  I did a quick search in
google and found this page:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Power_saving

Maybe you would be interested in contributing to that page (or another
perhaps more appropriate one).  You can ask for posts/responses here to get
information and if anyone else is interested in adding such a page.

Jeremy