[mythtv-users] Anyone ever used HVR-1800 card?

Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa ildefonso.camargo at gmail.com
Fri May 18 20:16:10 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Devin Heitmueller
<dheitmueller at kernellabs.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa
> <ildefonso.camargo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Kenneth and Mike!
>>
>> I think I'm just out of luck.... I installed windows on the PC (I
>> still have an acute allergy because of windows :P ), and using windows
>> drivers I was able to get only noise :( (ie, no signal at all)..... my
>> other two capture cards worked just fine on windows (and are working
>> pretty much fine on Linux): HVR-950Q and PVR-150.
>>
>> so...maybe my hvr-1800 is faulty :( .
>
> Are you sure you've got the cable plugged into the right connector?
> The 1800 has separate connectors for the analog versus digital input
> (and having the analog cable feed plugged into the digital input would
> cause the behavior you have described).

Yup, I even tried to connect both of them, unplugging my PVR-150, and
connecting both cables to the HVR-1800 (it has a third connector
labeled as FM, I even tried to move a cable there, just in case): no
luck..... on a side note, the 27MHz crystal this card has looks a
little smashed (likely during shipping, but hard to tell), I don't
know if that 27MHz crystal is part of the analog tuner circuit or
what.

I also noted the WinTV app to be quite unstable (freezing from time to
time).  Sometimes I restarted the machine between WinTV freezes (just
in case): no luck.