[mythtv-users] If you have problem downloading themes, try disabling http_proxy

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sat May 19 18:21:58 UTC 2012

A few days ago I wrote on the list about some trouble I had with the network control port and Raymond Wagner correctly guessed that I was using the http_proxy variable.

He pointed me to a relevant ticket: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10633

It seems that the use of proxy was not allowing my frontends to download any themes, either. The symptom was an instant appearance of a small osd rectangle and then nothing. No progress bar.

When I began running mythfrontend with:

unset http_proxy /usr/bin/mythfrontend

I realised I could also download themes without problem. So if anyone has the same problem, this could be the solution.

Best regards,

Yianni.