[mythtv-users] 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Sun May 20 12:01:59 UTC 2012

>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10490
>>
>> I didn't notice that it was "fixed" I will log a new one since this is
>> (was
>> on the previous patch) still on going. I only updated today and havn't
>> checked yet :)

>Please test with the latest version before logging a new bug.

>AFAIK, this bug is fixed and it's now working very well.

>Haven't had the problems since that last commit

I wouldn't exactly call it "fixed".  While it is true is no longer freezes
and crashes back to the main window with the "buffer failed too many times"
error message, it now freezes for ~5 - 15 seconds before resuming playback
with the next program.  It's a bit odd because immediately after the first
indication of a patch, my live TV transitions were nearly perfect, however a
few versions later I'm back to the ~5 - 15 second pauses.

I have also noticed that after a live TV program transition, the "position"
time no longer works.  It will show xx : xx (i.e. 10:23 : 10:23) and if you
pause, skip back, etc it will always remain "sync'd" instead of showing the
your proper position in relation to total time.