[mythtv-users] Can't Connect to MythTV-backend

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun May 20 17:17:48 UTC 2012

Jordan wrote:
> I did find this morning there's an update for mythtv-backend...I think I'll try
> to see if that fixed it.

The HVR-850's firmware would be loaded when Linux starts.  The firmware
should be placed in the /lib/firmware, but since you're using tvtime
(Under Linux I'm guessing), then you already know this.

It looks like you have your card setup wrong in mythtv-setup.  It's been
a while since I've setup a usb tuner (Have a couple in my drawer though,
HVR-850 and HVR-950).

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: