[mythtv-users] 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sun May 20 17:56:40 UTC 2012

On 20.05.2012 19:45, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Pieter De Wit wrote:
>>
>> I see that the 0.26 branch is on Ubuntu's repo's. What would be best
>> to run if I want the "leading edge" fixes ?
>
> 'Leading edge fixes' says it all. That'd be .25 Fixes. Building from
> source means you're ever only a git pull away.

I find the terminology quite confusing...

Its either "bleeding edge", which would be master aka.
the-development-version-that-will-later-become-0.26-fixes. The wording
"bleeding edge" is a strong hint that its not for the faint of heart.
You need to keep a close eye on the development to select revisions
that are likely stable enough to not break your installation.

Or its "latest fixes" if you want the latest stable version, which
would be 0.25-fixes which involves neither bleeding nor edges in any
way ;)

Mythbuntu applies the name "0.26" to master after the 0.25 release up
to the 0.26 release and then switches to 0.26-fixes.

Regards,
Karl