[mythtv-users] Ubuntu/Mythbuntu update problem

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Sun May 20 20:05:47 UTC 2012

On 20/05/2012 20:19, mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com wrote:
> On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Damian <myth at surr.co.uk
> <mailto:myth at surr.co.uk>> wrote:
>

>     I'd really appreciate help on the mysql root password issue
>     Damian,
>

> Here's a link on resetting the mysql root password.  It happened to me a
> couple of years ago.
>
> http://www.howtoforge.com/reset-forgotten-mysql-root-password
>
> Hope that helps!
> Jerry

Thanks for that Jerry,

In the mean time, I found these instructions:
http://ubuntu.flowconsult.at/en/mysql-set-change-reset-root-password/
and set a new password for mysql.

I then returned to the guide I followed to backup my database:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=2298778&postcount=4

and went to the restore section.

Here's where I got to ...

damian at mythbox:/storage/zzz-mythbak-manual$ mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 822
Server version: 5.5.22-0ubuntu1 (Ubuntu)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql> DROP DATABASE mythconverg;
Query OK, 104 rows affected (0.10 sec)

mysql> create database mythconverg;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> exit
Bye
damian at mythbox:/storage/zzz-mythbak-manual$ ls
mythtv_backup.sql
damian at mythbox:/storage/zzz-mythbak-manual$ mysql -u mythtv -p
mythconverg <mythtv_backup.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)
damian at mythbox:/storage/zzz-mythbak-manual$

What went wrong there, and why?

Thanks
Damian