[mythtv-users] jw player install error

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Mon May 21 01:06:47 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> * On Sun May 20, 2012 at 03:13:15PM -0700, scram69 wrote:
>> I am trying to install the JW streaming player from the
>> http://backend:6544 page.  When I click the "Install JW Player"
>> button, I get the message "unable to install package".  I can't seem
>> to find any log messages pertaining to this error.  Where should I be
>> looking for more info as to why I can't seem to install the player?
>> Alternately, are there instructions for manual installation for
>> Mythbuntu?
>
> Make sure that ~/.mythtv is writeable by the user running the master
> backend.  The JW Player install should create a
> ~/.mythtv/3rdParty/JW_Player directory containing the flash files.
>
> You may need to run your backend with "-v file" to see any download
> errors.
>
> --
> Chris

Chris:

My .mythtv directory is writable by the mythbackend user, but I get no
such directory being created.  I also get a dialog box launched that
says: A username and password are being requested by
http://XX.XX.XX.XX:6544. The site says: "MythTV"

There is space for a username and password.  I'd restart the backend
with the -v switch, but it will have to wait as the wife is watching
her program.  I'll take a look as soon as I can.

George