[mythtv-users] jw player install error

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Mon May 21 14:45:47 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> * On Sun May 20, 2012 at 09:06:47PM -0400, George Galt wrote:
>> My .mythtv directory is writable by the mythbackend user, but I get no
>> such directory being created.  I also get a dialog box launched that
>> says: A username and password are being requested by
>> http://XX.XX.XX.XX:6544. The site says: "MythTV"
>
> I take it that that means that you didn't supply a login/password when
> prompted?  Try admin / mythtv for the login / passowrd and see if that
> works for you.
>
> --
> Chris

Chris:

Sorry, I should have given more complete information.  I tried the
username/password combination for the user that the backend is running
under and the username/password combination that I have on apache for
the site (through htpasswd).  Neither worked.  I also tried the root
user and password, which also failed.

I'll try your suggested username and password when I get home tonight,
but where is this combination set?  Is it something that I can change?

Thanks,

George