[mythtv-users] 0.25-fixes mythmusic "TagLib: Could not open file"

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:24:07 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> On 18/05/12 20:41, Steven Adeff wrote:

>>> I can send you a couple of mine if it's of any help?
>>> as well, MythMusic in 0.24 worked fine with the files, if that is of any help
>> I saw you provided a patch for this, going to wait for mythbuntu to
>> update their daily build and I can verify it's working for me.
>>
>> thanks!
>>

> TBH I still haven't been able to reproduce the problem with master even
> with the 3 sample files you provided. I did spot some bugs while looking
> at the code though. Stuart committed one of the fixes but missed another
> important one in
> https://github.com/paul-h/mythtv/commit/6373313d0c9f0ee5ce2f7d71d2ed2fbaba901cfb.
> I also wonder if  http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10721 may be
> affecting you as well if you have a lot of flac files.
>
> Paul H.

I have:
13,972 FLAC files,
69,160 MP3 files,
24, 338 m4a files.

previous to your recent patches being included in 0.25-fixes, I tried
the patch from ticket 10721 compiled in (without your other fixes) and
it did not fix the problem.

I am now currently running
0.25.0+fixes.20120520.b5b4c48-0ubuntu0mythbuntu1 and I still get this
error.

Should I attempt to build the package from source with the 10721 patch
on top of the other patches? is there a gdb trace I can run that would
help give you an idea as to what is going on?

thanks!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!