[mythtv-users] Is SeriesID field of program used for anything?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed May 23 06:03:03 UTC 2012

On 22.05.2012 10:08, Xander wrote:
> I'm messing with a custom made XMLTV grabber, and was wondering if the seriesid column in the program table is used for anything?
>
> Currently I've patched my mythfilldatabase to use the seriesid when present in the xml (set to a CRID from the data source).

I've seen interest from UK users in that area, too.

I would appreciate if you could extend your grabber to put the crids
into the episode-num element as "crid-seriesid" / "crid-programid"
(with a better name ;) just like the ddprogid is stored.
Then extend mythfilldatabase to handle both as special case that end up
in the programme database just like the same crids when they come over
the air.

But all that is going to be a hack until we get one central content
database, maybe tvbrainz, where we can relate series / seasons /
spin-offs / pilot movies to each other across different networks.
(keeping track of multiple persons with the same name or changing main
cast between seasons would be cool, too)

Regards,
Karl

PS: We really should write up something on the xmltv wiki on how to put
your guide into the schema so mythtv can get the best out of it. Others
can learn so much from the mythtv scheduler / a guide properly prepared
to support that scheduler. If you start a new page I can add my stuff
later. (e.g. how program_type for series/movie/sports/tvshow works)