[mythtv-users] Hardware Setup Advice

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 12:22:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

I currently have a setup whereby I am using mythtv to record several SD UK
television channels simultaneously for a project where all regional news
are needed to be recorded for later analysis. Sometimes I record up to 20
streams at one time using 5 TBS6981 dual tuner devices on one PC (connected
to a sat multiplex giving me the feeds) I have tested this recording to a
combination of internal HDD and external NAS.

It has worked successfully but sometimes I run into problems where the
system becomes unresponsive and recordings become jerky with
discontinuities. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how
to setup this up to optimize performance. I have read the optimize
performance mythtv wiki also, what would be the main issue capturing all
the streams? the hdd? Should i split the work up over seperate drives?

Any tips, greatly appreciated.

Thanks.