[mythtv-users] Recording times

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed May 23 14:48:53 UTC 2012

On 23 May 2012 15:10, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to configure my system to record some tv programs.
> I have schedule two recordings on same channel:
>
> 11:30 - 12:30: Alerta cobra
> 12:30 - 14:00: Las Mañanas
>
> I have configured this in General (Advanced) settings:
>
> Time to record before start of show (secs): 600
> Time to record past end of show (secs): 1800
>
> The program "Alerta cobra" must start to record at 11:20 and finish at
> 13:00. The problem is that it stop to record at 12:30.
>
> The program "Las mañanas de cuatro" must start to record at 12:20 and
> finish at 14:30. The problem is that it start at 12:30.
>
> I have 2 capture cards and have enable 2 simultaneous recording on each card.
>
> How could I configure it?

Edit the recording rule for each of the programmes.  You can do this
by looking at 'Upcoming Recordings' and selecting the appropriate
recording.

Under Scheduling Options set:

Start Recording 10 minutes early.
End Recording 30 minutes late.

I would remove these settings

> Time to record before start of show (secs): 600
> Time to record past end of show (secs): 1800

Search the list for 'soft vs hard padding' to see the effect of these,
but they don't help with scheduling back-to-back recordings.

You can create default Start Early, End Late values for new recording
rules in the frontend setup, (under 'Set Recording Priorities' I
think), but they won't get applied to existing rules.