[mythtv-users] MythWeb over HTTPS using mod_rewrite

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat May 26 01:46:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Joe Nyland <joe at joenyland.co.uk> wrote:
> (Don't get me wrong - If I could afford the option of running multiple IP addresses for the few services I run from my home servers, then I would by all means run a dedicated hardware firewall and separate router to secure this *properly*, but unfortunately I haven't, nor do I see the worth in doing this for my own home use :-).)

<puts_networking_hat_on>

You could easily run an IPv6 tunnel (see tunnelbroker.net or sixxs.net) and
get an IP address for every host you are likely to ever have on your home
networks (I have a /48 routed to my home) for "free" (other than your time).

In the US, AT&T is currently giving every customer an IPv6 address
via 6RD, as a /60 (which means you get 16 /64 "subnets", and not as
generous as a /48, it is probably enough for many for this first rollout),
although they have not exactly made it known (nor provided documentation
for the average consumer yet).  Comcast is rolling out IPv6 too.  Outside
of the US, a number of ISPs have already rolled out IPv6 too.

Gary