[mythtv-users] HD-PVR, LiveTV, and WAF == 0

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 26 14:44:17 UTC 2012

On 05/26/2012 10:23 AM, Gerald Brandt wrote:
> From: "Jean-Yves Avenard"
>> Hi
>>
>> On Saturday, 26 May 2012, Gerald Brandt wrote:
>>
>>> AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core Processor. I prefer 64-bit, but since I'm
>>> currently running 32, I didn't want any unexpected surprises.
>>
>> There's really no reasons these days to run a 32 bits linux.
>> If you're reinstalling from scratch, go 63.
>>

>> Mâle sure to backup your MySQL database with mysqldump and not simply
>> saving the MySQL db folder: it wouldn't be compatible
> The myth backup script uses mysqldump, does it not?

Yes.  Use the mythconverg_backup.pl script.  It will create a good,
portable backup using standard mysqldump, but it will also make sure the
backup is created properly such that it won't be missing required
information and result in a corrupted schema and such.  (Which mysqldump
options are used is very important.)

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

Mike