[mythtv-users] Fresh install, struggling to change imported db schema
myth at surr.co.uk
Sun May 27 09:42:46 UTC 2012
Here's my story :-)
I've had MythTV running on Ubuntu (via the addition of Mythbuntu) for a
few years. It's been fine for most of that time.
Upgrading to 0.25 broke things (it did a 'partial upgrade') and
upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04 didn't fix them.
I then formatted the file system and home partitions and installed a
pure Mythbuntu system. However, I came across the same problem I am
about to describe below, and also wasn't keen on a couple of things
about XFCE. So, yesterday I installed a fresh Ubuntu 12.04 system.
I have added the Mythbuntu packages and managed to import my old database.
The problem I'm having is when I click to launch the backend set up, I'm
"MythTV wants to upgrade your database for the TV schema, from 1276 to
I click the relevant buttons to allow this, but it doesn't seem to work,
as the next time I click on the back end set up it tells me the same thing.
If it helps at all, I'm also seeing this message inside pypmyadmin:
"connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed".
More information about the mythtv-users