[mythtv-users] RFE: Put part-watched recordings at the top of the Watch List

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 27 11:52:58 UTC 2012

On 05/27/2012 07:45 AM, Simon Waldman wrote:
> From: "Michael T. Dean"
>> You guys do know about:
>>
>> TV Playback/JUMPPREV ->  Jump to previously played recording
>>
>> (defaults to unbound) which will always take you back to the last-played
>> recording, or
>>
>> TV PLAYBACK/PREVCHAN ->  Switch to the previous channel
>>
>> (defaults to 'H'), which will take you to the previously-played
>> recording when in recording (non-Live-TV) playback?  It doesn't work in
>> TV Frontend context (i.e. Watch Recordings), but you can start playing
>> any recording and use the key to go back to the one you were watching
>> previously.
> I didn't know about those. Do they work across sessions?

They will work across playback sessions, but not

>   (ie will it
> work two days later when the combined FE/BE has been shut down and
> booted a few times)

across frontend restarts

> While they would offer a slight convenience boost if so, they don't
> help with "I've forgotten that I was half way through this programme".

However, I would like to extend the feature to actually store the
previous recording information in the database so that they will work
even after shutdown, as well as supporting the use of these bindings in
Watch Recordings to take me to the last-watched show.  (I also often
forget what I was watching.)

>> Or, if you don't want to bind a key, MENU|Source|Jumpt to Program|<title
>> of show you were previously watching>.
> That's exactly the same as just selecting it from Watch Recordings, isn't it?

Yes.  I just mentioned this approach because some people don't have a
lot of extra buttons to devote to the functionality.

>> As far as the changes/requests, I have some thoughts on how to
>> accomplish this type of thing more easily, using tags and some
>> improvements for filtering/sorting in Watch Recordings, and plan to
>> begin working on that functionality soon.
> Interesting - good to hear!

Now I just need to make the time to work on it.  :)

Mike