[mythtv-users] myth 0.25 prolific log messages

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon May 28 19:32:22 UTC 2012

On 05/28/2012 01:39 PM, Dan Littlejohn wrote:
> These errors are not being thrown by the frontend?  Here are the complete
> log entries
>
> 8 6857871 bachuus mythbackend 7138 7138 CoreContext storagegroup.cpp 85
> StaticInit 2012-05-28 13:32:34 3 SG() Error: Could not create
> builtinStorage Group directory '/dev/null/.mythtv/themes' for 'Themes' 9
etc...

Hi;

The five directories you listed are created at startup if they don't
exist, using the contents of 'confdir' plus '/themes' for exammple.

How about adding the following just before your init script starts
mythbackend, and checking the result:

    echo "HOME='$HOME', MYTHCONFDIR='$MYTHCONFDIR'" >> /tmp/confdir.out

Do you have a wrapper script that needs to be checked too (e.g.
mythbackend calls mythbackend.real?)

You didn't include the entire init script. If you're using the
--user <username> argument, what is the reault of grep <username>
/etc/passwd? Does it have its home directory set to /dev/null?

I'd suggest putting the entire log output from a single run in
http://filebin.ca/ in case there's something happening earlier
(and to eliminate those pesky split lines in email.)

--
Bill