[mythtv-users] Option to Record As Much as It Can

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 29 19:53:50 UTC 2012

On 05/29/2012 10:38 AM, Jk90090 wrote:
> On May 29, 2012, at 7:34 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> Microsoft may be right.  For mythTV, even more so.
>>
>> A new tuner is far cheaper than a new Michael T Dean.  We need to
>> utilize the one MTD we have most efficiently by having him work on
>> problems that can't be addressed by getting another tuner or two.
> I saw a refurbished MTD on Woot last week but they were all sold out due to limited supply.
>
> ;-)

Too bad.  I could have used one to do some of the stuff I have to do so
I could spend more time on MythTV doing stuff I'd like to do.  :(

> Seriously though, woot has had hdhr prime units recently if people are in the market, keep an eye out there.  They did it twice last month.

Yes, it seems to come up quite often on good sales.  And while that
solution costs money, it does save time--the time required to manually
fix conflicts (or "saves" the time at the beginning of the news show
that you might otherwise need to pre-emptively skip so you don't get
conflicts to fix).

Mike