[mythtv-users] What is being worked on for 0.26?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue May 29 21:02:16 UTC 2012

digid myth wrote:
>It seems we all use myth a little differently

Not only that, but we also have different ideas of how it should work
(if that's not how we already use it).

>So maybe the best solution is to have an option to pull data from
>both recordings and videos together for those that would like to see
>them together.  In my case I do not think that would work well as we
>have our videos sorted in folders based on genre in most cases, so
>if you want to watch a western it's in the western folder. If you
>want to watch season 1 of dirty jobs it's in tv shows/dirty jobs/
>season 1.

I think the idea to add tags would deal with a lot of what people are
asking for.
If you like music, video, and Tv to be separate things - then use
separate lists which only show items tagged as music, video, or TV.
If you like them together, then use a combined list. Tags would also
allow you to do a lot what you currently do with folders - plus allow
you to have multiple entries (so a westerns fan could have one list
with John Wayne films, and another for a specific subgenre or date
range (for example) which would include some of the same films.

>Bottom line is that we need to all be thankfully for what the
>developers have done, and we need to also let thm know how we use
>the system so they can make good choices in the direction the oft
>ware is going.

Indeed. There's a lot I don't use, even more I don't know how to use
fully. But I certainly don't want to go back to anything I've used
before.

--
Simon Hobson