[mythtv-users] What is being worked on for 0.26?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Wed May 30 02:59:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM, digid myth <digidmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> I for one do not want to see Videos and recorded content merged. At our
> house the are two very distinct things. For one recorded programs are, to be
> deleted when watched, videos are not. Recorded programs expire, videos do
> not. The kids have access to videos based on rating. They do not have access
> to recorded programs. To us they are and should remain two different
> sections.

Note sure if we need another 'me too' in this thread but I am another
that likes the current separation between the presentation of videos
and recordings.  That said, I think that the two could be merged down
in the guts of mythTV and we could utilise the 'tagging' feature that
Mike has mentioned to provide different 'views' of the media we are
storing.

All-in-all, I think the 'tagging' feature that has been discussed a
little is something that most excites me about upcoming mythTV
releases.

Cheers,
Whytey