[mythtv-users] "Migrated" recordings from 0.24 won't stream via HLS

Thomas Pontoppidan Spam1 at pontoppidan.name
Wed May 30 07:03:49 UTC 2012

2012/5/29 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

> On 05/29/2012 03:36 AM, Thomas Pontoppidan wrote:
>
>> During this weekend I finally chose to reinstall my backend - moving from
>> an old Fedora install to MythBuntu. For different reasons I decided to go
>> against recommendations and not move the entire database. I only
>> transferred my recordings following this guide
>> http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/**tips/migrate-recordings.html<http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/tips/migrate-recordings.html>
>> .
>>

> Yes.  Google should be kicked off the Internet for allowing that ancient,
> outdated, incorrect, can-corrupt-the-db-data (as it can completely break
> your character encoding) post to be #1.

Well, I won't blame Google - after all it was my decision to not follow
official directions:-)

>  From a normal frontend the recordings are playing fine, but HLS doesn't
>> seem to work - I try to stream to Torc for IOS, but the "prepare stream"
>> stays at 0%. If I make a new recording it streams fine so I'm guessing some
>> new fields in the recordings table are missing? Is there any way to add the
>> missing info (if my assumption is correct) to the database?
>>

> Best solution is to do a proper restore of your complete pre-upgrade
> database and let MythTV Do The Right Thing.

Looking back that is probably what I *should* have done, but I am not sure
I'm up for that now - I spent most of a day setting up the new database,
mostly because I wasn't satisfied with the old setup (non-standard
keybindings, bad tuner setup, flawed channel lists etc.). Going back would
require me to do it all over again:-)

> If you decide you want to waste hours re-configuring everything for no
> benefit, at least do a proper partial restore:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Database_Backup_and_Restore#**
> Partial_restore_of_a_backup<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup>(and take note of
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Database_Backup_and_Restore#**
> Partial_restore_when_**upgrading_MythTV<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_when_upgrading_MythTV>).

I already did reconfigure the entire setup and according to the links I
would need to do some preparation on the old setup - obviously not possible
now that the system is already upgraded:-(

Guess I will have a closer look at the tables while I consider the
"complete restore" option:-(