[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime Success

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed May 30 16:30:47 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 6:47 AM, David Brieck Jr. <dbrieck at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thought I would pass this information along to help anyone who's on my
>> cable system since I don't think there's that many of us doing
>> homebrew PVR...
>

> Thanks for your report.  I am also anxiously waiting for my HDHR Prime order
> from Woot.  I already picked up my CableCard from the local comcast office
> ($1.10 per month).  With comcast, I am wondering how many channels I will be
> able to record.

Comcast policy is all basic cable should be open to record, premium
channels (movie channels and the like) are however blocked to anything
but Windows Media Center.

That said, and you can search through this list via gossamer,
individual offices will occasionally have the settings on their
machines incorrect and until it is brought to their attention they
will not fix it, so you just have to bring it to their attention.

lots of happy Comcast CableCard users on the list, me among them.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!