[mythtv-users] "Migrated" recordings from 0.24 won't stream via HLS

Thomas Pontoppidan Spam1 at pontoppidan.name
Thu May 31 05:33:19 UTC 2012

>>> Partial_restore_of_a_backup<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup>(and take note of
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Database_Backup_and_Restore#**
>>> Partial_restore_when_**upgrading_MythTV<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_when_upgrading_MythTV>
>>> ).
>>>
>>>  I already did reconfigure the entire setup and according to the links I
>> would need to do some preparation on the old setup - obviously not
>> possible
>> now that the system is already upgraded:-(
>>
>> Guess I will have a closer look at the tables while I consider the
>> "complete restore" option:-(
>>

> Right, I'm suggesting you either do a full restore--and then use MythTV
> tools to clean up what you don't like--or start over with a supported
> partial restore.  I can't guarantee that HLS would work with your old
> recordings if you do the partial restore using the restore script, but at
> that point, I'd be motivated to help debug the issues, since I wouldn't
> have any reason to assume your DB is corrupt.

Thanks for your input - I will definitely use the proper procedure next
time! But this time I just can't imagine starting over after all the work
I've done:-)

Anyway, problem seems to be solved: I found a difference in paths in the
"livestream" table during HLS streaming - for new recordings it pointed to
the recording's real location while the old recording entry would point to
"myth:@"host-from-the-old-setup"/"file". After updating the hostname in the
recordings table and restarting mythbackend streaming works fine!