[mythtv-users] Interrupted commercial detection

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu May 31 10:13:35 UTC 2012

Zitat von "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:

> On 05/30/2012 04:26 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Is anybody else seeing the commercial detection being interrupted a
>> lot in recent 0.25-fixes?
>>
>> From the gut I'd say that in 1 of 4 cases the job stops with
>> "decoding error eno: Input/output error (5)". It's not an
>> intermittent issue, re-running the detection job stops at the same
>> point. It usually happens while in the 90%ies. It *could* be at the
>> place where I usually have frame drops that have been reported at
>> lot, during program changes or starting another recording. But
>> that's rather guessing. I also have "AFD: Unknown audio decoding
>> error" during the detection, but those don't seem to do any harm.
>>
>> This never happened before in years for me, and it didn't happen
>> right after upgrading to 0.25 either.
>>

> There's a "known" issue (with an unknown cause) that results in
> "near-real-time commercial detection" hitting the end of the file.
> If you either disable "Start auto-commercial-detection jobs when the
> recording starts" in mythtv-setup or re-run commercial detection
> after the recording finishes, detection should be as reliable as it
> was in 0.24-fixes.

That would be a different issue then, because I have comm detection
during recording disabled already, and re-running the detection
doesn't fix it.

I'll be watching this further, the actual detection is less reliable
recently too, I still need to send some samples to Gavin.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project