[mythtv-users] Fresh install, struggling to change imported db schema

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Thu May 31 20:32:44 UTC 2012

On 29/05/2012 23:48, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/29/2012 05:49 PM, Damian wrote:
>> I have 1264 sql.gz files from 15th, 22nd and 29th of April, and in May
>> I have 6th, 15th and 22nd.
>>
>> I'm sure that things were broken by 22nd April because the manual
>> backups I made (after the 'partial upgrade') are dated 20th May.
>>
>> I'll try to restore the file from the 15th May and see what happens.
>>
>> What is the best way for me to restore this sql.gz file?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Replacing_an_existing_database
>

>> And assuming that I can get it restored, do I then run mythtv-setup?
>
> Exactly. (I meant mythtv-setup instead of mythbackend, but didn't type
> that right.)
>
>> Thanks again Mike. Your time helping out is very much appreciated!!
>
> Good luck.
>
> Mike

It worked!!

Hello all. It took me a while to find the time to do it, but I put the
1264 database back in and ran mythtv-setup. It updated the db fine this
time and my old files are available again!!

Not got live TV working yet, and capture cards don't seem to be working,
but I assume deleting them and re-adding them will sort that out.

But even if they never work again, at least I'm in a position to get the
important files off of the system.

Hopefully getting the tuners working will be fairly straight forward.
I'll see how it goes.

Thanks again everyone. Especially you Mike!!

Damian