No subject

Thu May 17 19:07:19 UTC 2012

disabling some features):

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/516890#516890

and another link:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/506048#506048

As with much else, individual systems and experience will vary.
In particular, I note that a lot of people simply do not notice the
glitches that drive me crazy even on regular OTA broadcasts
on (what are claimed to be) magic TV "480Hz" magic decoders
(nothing to do with MythTV or VDPAU decoding/deinterlacing).
There was another thread (that I can't find now) about someone
else who was (extremely) picky, and noticed all the artifacts
and glitches that even some of the best TV's showed with their
advanced decoding.  He pointed out that once you notice them,
you cannot ignore them, but a lot of people never see them
(until he "ruined" their lives by pointing it out to them).

Gary