[mythtv-users] Will this HP USB lirc receiver work?

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 09:06:16 UTC 2012

On 10/29/2012 01:01 PM, Phill Edwards wrote:
> I'm looking at getting one of these -
> http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-HP-Wireless-MCE-USB-Infrared-Receiver-VISTA-WIN-7-/261046820386?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3cc79a5e22
>
> Does anyone have any experience of it and know how well it works with
> MythBuntu? The remote I would use with it is a Harmony 600.

I have one that visually looks like this. Under Linux this is what it
comes up as:

root at fe3:~# lsusb -s 5:3 -v

Bus 005 Device 003: ID 1934:5168 Feature Integration Technology Inc.
(Fintek) F71610A or F71612A Consumer Infrared Receiver/Transceiver
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        16
  idVendor           0x1934 Feature Integration Technology Inc. (Fintek)
  idProduct          0x5168 F71610A or F71612A Consumer Infrared
Receiver/Transceiver
  bcdDevice            0.01
  iManufacturer           1 FINTEK
  iProduct                2 eHome Infrared Transceiver
  iSerial                 3 88636562727801
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           32
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0xa0
      (Bus Powered)
      Remote Wakeup
    MaxPower              100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           2
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0010  1x 16 bytes
        bInterval               1
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0010  1x 16 bytes
        bInterval               1
Device Status:     0x0000
  (Bus Powered)

I'm using it as an MCE receiver with a Harmony One remote.

Warning if you need to use the IR blaster functionality: only one of the
blaster outputs actually seems to be working. It has jacks for 2, but as
I said only one is working.

HTH, Jan