[mythtv-users] NEW HDPVR2?

Teruel deCampo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Thu Nov 1 22:29:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 15:51 -0400, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Mark <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Crap.  Are there any specs on this that make it desirable really? The HDMI
> > capture sounds interesting.....
>
> HDMI capture is nice (although note it doesn't include HDCP, which
> makes it less useful for many people who capture cable off of set top
> boxes).  Probably the bigger issue is that who knows when they will
> stop selling the original HD-PVR, and what will new users turn to who
> want to capture HD video under Linux?

Last month my old hd-pvr caput and I had to get a new one. I looked into
the game edition and I decided against it and I got the new version of
the hd-pvr. The following were by observations about the hd-pvr game
version:

1. The hardware are similar so it should work OK

2. There is no IR blaster port

3. hdmi. Connecting  a front end with a TV using hdmi works OK (computer
to tv).
The hd-pvr/game device has 2 hdmi in/out. I do not know of any setup box
with hdmi so the input is of no use. The output would be to connected
the device to the video adapter in the computer, and I do   not have
experience here.

4. It also have PS3 component video

In summary if you  do not need the IR blaster this box may work OK. It
does not come with cables so you need to buy them. So be sure you have
all the correct cables before you decided to jump into it. And of course
nothing better that hear from somebody is using it.

-=terry=-