[mythtv-users] Still no SchedulesDirect

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 2 01:33:49 UTC 2012

fixed top posting

On 11/01/2012 07:23 PM, Evan Montgomery-Recht wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Jimmy Brokaw wrote:
>> I reformatted and rebuilt my MythTv system, which miraculously solved a
>> multitude of problems. Clearly my previous setup ended up with corruption
>> somewhere, and now everything works except for a few minute things that I
>> can work on. The largest issue is that I'm still not getting
>> SchedulesDirect data.
>>
>> I get EIT data just fine; I can easily see the next day or two or data in
>> the program schedule.
>>
>> SchedulesDirect downloads perfectly fine... I can see in the logs that the
>> downloads are substantial in size and finish just time.
>>
>> Mythfilldb runs without error.
>>
>> Is there something I need to do to associated SD data with channels that
>> I'm receiving? Where else should I look to find problems? Where is all this
>> data going if not to my program guide?
> What ended up working for me (after spending maybe a hour, and 2 rebuilds,
> over the course of a couple days), was that I removed channels that we're
> part of my package (PPV, etc.).  Once I did that I was able to download.
> So apparently there's a limitation somewhere that prevents large lineups.

While I read the OP's question as "How do I tell MythTV which listings
data goes with which channel?" (the question that Thomas answered
properly), if he was really trying to ask, "How do I get MythTV to allow
me to select a lineup when configuring a Video Source?", the answer is:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/530709#530709

That said, it's really hard to tell from the OP's question exactly which
step of the many required to configure channels isn't working.

Mike