[mythtv-users] France24 English HLS feed?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 06:20:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was on a site yesterday (livestation?) and saw that there was an
> feed for France24's English language news. Looking at the wiki,
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:HTTP_Live_Streaming_Recorder, I
> see an entry for the French language version.
>
> Does anyone know if there's a playlist address we can use for the
> English version.
>
> As an OTA'er, I'd love some form of a 24hr channel for news events.
> Wish CNN would do this, even if it was on a subscription basis.

Have you tried replacing fr with en in the two places in the French
language URL?

wget http://stream7.france24.yacast.net/iphone/france24/en/iPad.f24_en.m3u8
seems to give a file in similar format to wget
http://stream7.france24.yacast.net/iphone/france24/fr/iPad.f24_fr.m3u8

I don't have 0.26 yet so am unable to test.