[mythtv-users] I can't get uPnP server to work

Mogens Kjaer mk at lemo.dk
Fri Nov 2 16:56:32 UTC 2012

On 11/02/2012 05:48 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> I really don't know - but 3 minutes after you posted this another post
> appeared om the fedpra-users list:
>

>>> Is anyone using UPNP on Fedora ?   As a server or a client ?
>>
>> I could not figure out howto make Rygel work on F17 with my Sony
>> Bravia tv. I now use Serviio. Works fine streaming even 1080p mkv
>> files and there is also an Android app which you can use to control
>> Serviio.
>>
>> Plus: it works (once you get the firewall rules sorted. See Serviio FAQ)

This FAQ says:

"This could be caused by you having multiple IP addresses on the machine
and Serviio binding to the wrong one. Insert the IP address of the
machine running Serviio into 'Bound IP address' field in Network
Settings section in the console or pass the system variable
serviio.boundAddr including the IP address when starting the server.

Also make sure that TCP port 8895 and UDP 1900 are open in your firewall.

If you are on a Linux based OS, make sure you set up multicast routes
properly."

I have set IP address in mythtv to 192.168.4.1, which is on my eth1
network where the TV is.

All firewall rules are gone.

And I've routed 239.0.0.0/8 to eth1.

Could it be a IPv6 problem? I don't use IPv6, but if mythtv broadcasts
on IPv6 it will only go to localhost.

Mogens

Mogens Kjaer, mk at lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk