[mythtv-users] Missing Series & Episode numbers

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Fri Nov 2 22:40:02 UTC 2012

On 02.11.2012 20:13, Mark Greenwood wrote:
> Something I just noticed on my 0.26 setup.

> I have one video source confugured to use the tv_grab_uk_rt grabber.
 > This is providing the listings for these channels I'm recording from
 > and so I have disabled the use of EIT data on these channels (by
unchecking the box in mythweb).

Sounds good, each channel can only use one guide. Either xmltv or EIT.

 > However the source is set up to 'use EIT data' because I have a bunch
 > of other channels for which no xmltv data is available.

Sounds good, too. (as in worksforme)

 > I'm wondering where myth gets its episode and series info from and
 > could my use of both xmltv and EIT in this source be causing a problem?

UK Freeview EIT episode number from text scraping is at
http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/eitfixup.cpp#n714

tv_grab_uk_rt gets its data from Metabroadcast, you can look at their
data here http://atlas.metabroadcast.com/
(e.g. try the example
"Search for everything from now to tomorrow on BBC One")

Keep in mind that the above is only relevant for the guide and planned
recordings. Once the recordings is made the series/episode number comes
from thetvdb. (match via episode *title*)

Regards,
Karl