[mythtv-users] Missing Series & Episode numbers

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 22:53:10 UTC 2012

On Friday 02 Nov 2012 23:40:02 Karl Dietz wrote:
> On 02.11.2012 20:13, Mark Greenwood wrote:
> > Something I just noticed on my 0.26 setup.
>
> > I have one video source confugured to use the tv_grab_uk_rt grabber.
>  > This is providing the listings for these channels I'm recording from
>  > and so I have disabled the use of EIT data on these channels (by
> unchecking the box in mythweb).
>
> Sounds good, each channel can only use one guide. Either xmltv or EIT.
>
>  > However the source is set up to 'use EIT data' because I have a bunch
>  > of other channels for which no xmltv data is available.
>
> Sounds good, too. (as in worksforme)
>
>  > I'm wondering where myth gets its episode and series info from and
>  > could my use of both xmltv and EIT in this source be causing a problem?
>
> UK Freeview EIT episode number from text scraping is at
> http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/eitfixup.cpp#n714
>
> tv_grab_uk_rt gets its data from Metabroadcast, you can look at their
> data here http://atlas.metabroadcast.com/
> (e.g. try the example
> "Search for everything from now to tomorrow on BBC One")
>
> Keep in mind that the above is only relevant for the guide and planned
> recordings. Once the recordings is made the series/episode number comes
> from thetvdb. (match via episode *title*)

Thanks. So that seems to be the problem, having looked in more detail at the logs, the 'offending' episodes aren't matching any metadata lookups, or are matching multiple titles and therefore being ignored. It appears as if the new inbuilt metadata lookup is not as clever as Jamu used to be, unless I'm missing something?

Mark