[mythtv-users] MythMusic - Is there a simple way to just tell it to play an album?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 22:58:40 UTC 2012

Mark Greenwood wrote:

>One that demands you create and save a playlist before it will do
>*anything* (thus making it impossible to say 'I'll just listen to
>this album'), and one that keeps an 'active current playlist' that
>you just add stuff to and it plays it. Some players fall into the
>second category but hide that fact so you never see the word
>'playlist' but that's basically how they work. Mythmusic falls
>squarely into the second category. The first category is dominated
>by the appalling pile of guff that is iTunes ...

Just a note of correction there. You can use iTunes without creating
a single playlist - just scroll through the music list and double
click something, and it will start playing it.

You can create playlists (and they certainly help a lot), and you
have smart playlists (but I don't use those).

And you can run it in the second mode as well (they call it "iTunes
DJ"). By default it will keep adding random tracks, but if you drag
tracks to the DJ list it will play them in order. You can add as many
tracks as you like, and delete tracks, to DJ - and also re-order them
by dragging tracks up/down the list.

--
Simon Hobson