[mythtv-users] issues installing fixes/0.26 from source...

Andy Hohenner newsgroup at hohenner.com
Sat Nov 3 17:28:29 UTC 2012

On 11/3/2012 3:32 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Andy Hohenner wrote:
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmythzmq
>
> Just as a test, as root.
>
> updatedb
>
> locate mythzmq.
>
> You don't tell us anything about your system, other then it's RPM
> based.  What distro, 32bit or 64bit?
>
> Doug

Hiya,

sorry typed it out  right before going to bed, trying to set up my new
backend as a Virtualbox vm, using Fedora 17 64-bit w 4 GB ram

ran them:
[root at mbackend mythplugins]# updatedb
[root at mbackend mythplugins]# locate mythzmq
/user/local/lib/libmythzmq.a
/user/local/lib/libmythzmq.la
/user/local/lib/libmythzmq.so
/user/local/lib/libmythzmq.so.1
/user/local/lib/libmythzmq.so.1.0.1
/user/local/lib/pkgconfig/libmythzmq.pc
/usr/src/mythtv/mythtv/mythtv/external/zeromq/src/libmythzmq.la
/usr/src/mythtv/mythtv/mythtv/external/zeromq/src/libmythzmq.pc
/usr/src/mythtv/mythtv/mythtv/external/zeromq/src/libmythzmq.pc.in
/usr/src/mythtv/mythtv/mythtv/external/zeromq/src/libmythzmq_la-clock.lo

looking at it it looks like somehow some of myth got installed in /user
rather than /usr...

I'll try doing a make clean / make install on mythtv...

Thanks

Andy