[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup can't see dvb cards after kernel update

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sat Nov 3 18:25:36 UTC 2012

On Saturday, November 03, 2012 10:53:04 AM Mark Goldberg wrote:
> I have not seen anything in this thread or the bugzilla bug for several
> months. Does this work in mythtv now, and if so, what versions? I have
> stopped updating kernels in F16 and would like to know if it is safe to
> resume.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Mark, I'm not sure what system you're using, but I had the issue with Fedora
17 and the HVR-2250.  I set up some modprobe blacklisting and custom systemd
units to ensure the saa7164 module loads later in the boot and I have no
issue.  I'll re-examine the necessity of this process when I upgrade to F18.
Automating the process described here http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-
users/2012-July/336676.html

## /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-saa7164.conf
blacklist dvb_core
blacklist saa7164

## /etc/systemd/system/saa7164.service
[Unit]
Description=saa7164 firmware loader service
Wants=basic.target
After=basic.target

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/modprobe saa7164 ; /usr/bin/sleep 3
RemainAfterExit=1

[Install]
WantedBy=saa7164.target

## /etc/systemd/system/saa7164.target
[Unit]
Description=saa7164 firmware
Documentation=man:systemd.special(7)

I also added the following lines to /etc/systemd/system/mythbackend.service
(lines may be wrapped):

[Unit]
After=saa7164.target dev-dvb-adapter0-frontend0.device dev-dvb-adapter1-
frontend0.device dev-vbi0.device dev-video0.device

-A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E