[mythtv-users] MythTV does not handle daylight savings properly

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 22:02:10 UTC 2012

On 11/04/2012 10:54 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> Jonatan Lindblad <mythtv at comhem.se> wrote:
>>
>>  From http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.26:
>>
>> "Timesstamps that use local time in existing custom recording rules
>> must be manually changed to UTC.
>
> Is this just a one time transition issue and all future custom recording rules can just use regular time stamp rules without any need for CONVERT_TZ()?

Hi;

Custom rules that refer to timestamps that were converted to UTC must use
CONVERT_TZ(). So yes, new and existing rules.

I've updated the Wiki, and added (another) link to a list of tables/columns
that were converted to UTC in 0.26. The example with '2012-09-12 10:00:00'
has been removed as it could suggest a one-time update (plus it wasn't very
realistic.)

Bill