[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging (UK, DVB-T)

Andrew Leech coronasensei at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 23:49:01 UTC 2012

On 28/10/12 3:37 PM, Andrew Leech wrote:
> On 28/10/12 8:09 AM, Tim Phipps wrote:
>> Quoting Andrew Leech <coronasensei at gmail.com>:
>>
>> I don't think that will help. I'm on crufty old Debian stable and it
>> has python version 2.6.6. The MythDB() call is where the failure is
>> rooted. Can you run mythpython and type 'db=MythDB()' into it?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tim.
> Hi Tim,
> Yeah you're right, it's quite a reproducible failure. I had to type:
> before  db=MythDB() would resolve but that does trigger the same failure.
> Looks to me like something is out of whack with my mythtv
> library/bindings, probably updating mythtv and ensuring all the
> packages are up to date would help before updating the entire system.
> I'm always a little reticent about doing updates to mythtv, I want to
> be sure I have a bit of spare time in case I have new problems to fix.
> I might have to wait a bit, it's far too nice a day outside today to
> dive into a myth update just now! I'll try that later.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
Follow up, it had nothing to do with python problems, it turns out it's
because I had an empty ~/.mythtv/config.xml . I did have an
/etc/mythtv/config.xml but apparently that's no use.
So score one for nasty cryptic error messages!

I'll follow up later with some commercial flagging results.
Cheers,
Andrew