[mythtv-users] Suddenly no scheduled recordings although exist in database

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 5 12:10:37 UTC 2012

On 11/05/2012 06:55 AM, Harald Gustafsson wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Generally, no recordings scheduled means that you have no usable capture
>> cards--check capture card, video source, and input connections configuration
>> (as well as the hardware/drivers for the cards, etc.)
> I have checked this without finding anything strange. Why would the
> above prevent the guide to display the programs (it still displays the
> programs before the black out time point)? As noted the programs are
> found thru some of the menus (not found: guide, scheduled; found: find
> programs, etc) and is present in the database.
>
> I have deleted all the programs and run mythfilldatabase but still the
> same problem.

The scheduled recordings only show what will be recorded--which presumes
you actually have a capability to record them (i.e. a properly
configured and functional capture card).  Since you're also not seeing
the programs in the guide, that is further evidence that MythTV thinks
it can't record from your capture cards.

Check, also, your config.xml--it's possible it got broken/changed and
your system is using a different "profile" name (i.e. "host name"), so
MythTV thinks the configured capture cards are on some other system.

For anything more than just guesses, though, I'd need to see a log
(starting with a default-verbosity log of mythbackend startup).

Mike