[mythtv-users] Varying data formats during digital reception

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida moitinho at civil.ist.utl.pt
Mon Nov 5 14:37:13 UTC 2012

On Saturday 03 November 2012, Mike Perkins wrote:

> The question is: What changes are being made to mythtv to cope with the
> fact that the bitrate, framerate, resolution, etc of any recorded file may
> change from instant to instant?

Last Saturday I updated to 0.26 (mythbuntu system with an old nvidia card ==>
nouveau, opengl, no vdpau) and since then I have been "trying to understand"
why the frontend sometimes hangs. The files are ok for vlc, but mplayer does
not like them.

The problem happen when some new programs start and I was ready to blame the
broadcaster, but reading this information I realised that the problem seems to
happen exactly when the program changes from wide to 4:3, something that
happened in 0.25 without problem.

Is there a possible relation? I can try to cut a sample with the problematic
passage.

Regards

ZP