[mythtv-users] Firewire channel change

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:30:52 UTC 2012

On 11/5/12 9:29 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-11-04 at 16:21 -0500, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
>> ___________________
>> If you are on Comcast you may have problems tuning the STB with
>> Firewire. I was unable to get channel changing through firewire to work
>
> I doubt that it matters who the cable company is. What matters is what
> type of set top box you have. I have Comcast with two completely
> different STBs, and firewire channel changing works fine for me with
> both of them.
>
> Most STBs are either Motorola or Scientific Atlantic. The Motorola ones
> will likely work with "6200ch". I used "mythchanger" for the Scientific
> Atlanta box.
>
> --Greg

I'm working on getting a SA3250HD from TWC working with a HD-PVR. I've
been using the sa3250ch channel changer. My problem is that most of the
channels I want are >1000 and sa3250ch doesn't handle 4 digit channels.
Does any one know of a firewire channel changer for the SA3250HD that
handles 4-digit channels. I've tried getting in and tinkering with the
source, but I haven't had much success.

Ken