[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag errors in .26 (was 'show pops up End of Recording but plays through Mythweb')

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 20:46:40 UTC 2012

Just thought I'd rename the thread because the issue(s) from my thread
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/532409) seem to be
stemming from Mythcommflag randomly failing at rebuilding the
seektable as well as randomly failing to flag commercials. Using .26.

Due to dwindling space (need a new drive!) I've been shrinking some
shows that won't be watched for a few days with a handbrakecli line in
a user job. That line is immediately followed by a mythcommflag
rebuild line. This user job was successfully used under .24 and .25.

All my recordings are ATSC OTA TV recorded with an HDHomerun.

Like Greg in this thread
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/531387) I too have
noticed intermittent commflagging issues since moving to 12.04 and .26
a few weeks ago. I did not have this issues prior to the upgrade.

As mentioned in my "End of Recording" thread, I have also had issues
with mythcommflag randomly failing to rebuild the seektable after a
recording is converted to an mp4.

Last night I recorded three programs specifically to test. Three
different channels. Two rebuilt the seektable just fine. The third
failed and Myth now thinks it's a 1 second recording.

Looking at the log, I do see lines like  mythcommflag[17018]: E
Decoder avformatdecoder.cpp:4493 (GetFrame) decoding
error#012#011#011#011eno: Unknown error 541478725 (541478725).

I just manually ran the rebuild on the file that failed and got:

Rebuild started at Mon Nov 5 15:43:00 2012
Rebuild completed at Mon Nov 5 15:43:04 2012
2012-11-05 15:43:04.656064 E  decoding error
eno: Unknown error 541478725 (541478725)

Again, I've just had these issues since .26

Hope this info helps.